Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Problem


I made comments on both Spiritual Learning and Indigenous Learning. Thank you for your insights.


September Monthly Summary – Darcey

A month ago as I sat staring at the computer screen and “freaking” out, I was questioning why I was starting this journey. And even more so, why was I freaking out!!?? And then I remembered what Captain Jack said. It had nothing to do with the computer, the syllabus, the class, or the professor. It was simply my attitude. I knew that I needed to enjoy the journey and to not let the journey freak me out.

I needed this little moment to remember that many of my students experience situations like this all the time. I have since created lesson plans dealing with stress, discouragement, and lack of confidence with hopes to help them be prepared for freaking out.

So tonight, sitting in front of my computer, I reflect back on the month and realize that I needed that freaking out moment to get my mind around the challenges in front of me, to chart the assignments’ due dates, to breakdown the goals of each week’s work, but mostly to gain an understanding of why I am on this journey …and to get my attitude in line.

1 comment:

  1. Darcey,

    I assume that you had a higher expectation for yourself, which put yourself in a stressful condition when you could not reach your expectation. I know you can do a better work when you calm down and relax. It's all right if you did not do your assignment well this time, you can always improve during the semester and learn from this experience.

    Bo

    ReplyDelete